Home Desperate Housewives S01E01
Post
Cancel

Desperate Housewives S01E01

Desperate Housewives S01E01


1–My name is Mary Alice Young.我叫玛丽·艾莉丝·杨
2–When you read this morning’s paper,如果你看了今天的早报
3–you may come across an article 可能会读到一篇报道
4–about the unusual day I had last week.有关我上周异常的一天
5–Normally, there’s never anything newsworthy about my life,通常 我的生活没有任何新闻价值
6–but that all changed last Thursday.然而 直到上周四 一切都改变了
7–Of course, everything seemed quite normal at first. 起初每件事情都显得很平常
8–I made breakfast for my family. 我为家人准备早餐
9–I performed my chores. 做家务
10–I completed my projects.完成手工制作
11–I ran my errands.取回干洗的衣服
12–In truth, I spent the day as I spent every other day,事实上 这天太平常不过了
13–quietly polishing the routine of my life 平静地打理着家里的一切
14–until it gleamed with perfection.直至完美
15–That’s why it was so astonishing when 这就是为什么
16–I decided to go to my hallway closet 当我走向走廊的壁橱
17–and retrieve a revolver 拿出从没用过的左轮手枪时
18–that had never been used.会如此令人震惊了
19–My body was discovered by my neighbor,第一个发现我尸体的是
20–Mrs. Martha Huber,我的邻居玛莎·胡博太太
21–who’d been startled by a strange popping sound.她被这突如其来的声音吓了一跳
22–Her curiosity aroused, Mrs. Huber tried to think of a reason 受好奇心驱使 她想到一个
23–for dropping in on me unannounced.不请自来的理由
24–After some initial hesitation,片刻犹豫之后
25–she decided to return the blender she 她决定把半年前
26–had borrowed from me six months before.借去的搅拌机还给我
27–It’s my neighbor. I think she’s been shot.我的邻居 她被枪击了
28–There’s blood everywhere.地上全是血
29–Yes, you’ve got to send an ambulance.是的 快派救护车过来
30–You’ve got to send one right now.赶快
31–And, for a moment,然后 有那么一会
32–Mrs. Huber stood motionless in her kitchen,胡博太太静静地站在厨房里
33–grief-stricken by this senseless tragedy.陷入了深深的悲伤
34–But only for a moment.但 仅数秒而已
35–If there was one thing Mrs. Huber was known for,如果说胡博太太有什么优点
36–it was her ability to look on the bright side.那就是凡事她都往积极的一面去想
37–I was laid to rest on a Monday.我的葬礼在星期一
38–After the funeral, all the residents of Wisteria Lane 葬礼结束后 紫藤郡的邻居们
39–came to pay their respects.都去我家表达他们的哀思
40–And, as people do in these situations,他们按照惯例
41–they brought food.带来了食物
42–Lynette Scavo brought fried chicken.勒奈特·斯加沃带了炸鸡
43–Lynette had a great family recipe for fried chicken.勒奈特家有很棒的炸鸡秘方
44–Of course, she didn’t cook much 当然 当她还在职场打拼的时候
45–while moving up the corporate ladder.她很少做饭
46–She didn’t have the time.因为没时间
47–But when her doctor announced she was pregnant,但当被告知怀孕后
48–her husband Tom had an idea.她的老公汤姆有了主意
49–“Why not quit your job?”“你不如辞职吧”
50–“Kids do better with stay-at-home moms.”“全职妈妈有利于孩子的成长”
51–“It would be so much less stressful.”“这样压力也会小很多”
52–But this was not the case.现实却不尽如人意
53–In fact, Lynette’s life had become so hectic 勒奈特的日子变得更加忙碌
54–she was now forced to get her chicken 以至于她不得不去快餐店
55–from the fast-food restaurant.点了份外卖炸鸡
56–Lynette would’ve appreciated 如果勒奈特回头想想
57–the irony if she’d thought about it.她会发现一切都背道而驰
58–But she couldn’t. She didn’t have the time.可惜 她根本没时间
59— Stop it, stop it, stop it. - But, mom.-都给我停下来 -但是 妈妈
60–No. You are going to behave today.别这样 你们今天得乖乖的
61–I am not going to be humiliated 我不想在整条街的邻居
62–in front of the entire neighborhood.面前丢脸
63–And, just so you know how serious I am…你们要知道 我不是说说而已
64–What’s that?那是什么
65–Santa’s cell-phone number.圣诞老人的手机号码
66–How did you get that?你怎么得到的
67–I know someone who knows someone who knows an elf.我朋友的朋友认识一个小精灵
68–And if any of you acts up,如果今天你们谁捣蛋
69–so help me, I will call Santa 相信我 我会打电话给圣诞老人
70–and I will tell him you want socks for Christmas.告诉他 圣诞节你们只想要袜子
71–Are you willing to risk that?想试试吗
72–Ok. Let’s get this over with.好 那就乖乖的吧
73–Gabrielle Solis who lives down the 住在街角的加布丽尔·索利斯
74–block brought a spicy paella.带了西班牙辣味炒饭
75–Since her modeling days in New York,自从在纽约做了模特后
76–Gabrielle had developed a taste 她的品位有了很大的提升
77–for rich food…只吃名贵食物
78–…and rich men.只约有钱男人
79–Carlos, who worked in mergers and acquisitions,卡洛斯 从事兼并与收购业务
80–proposed on their third date.在第三次约会时向她求婚了
81–Gabrielle was touched when tears welled up in his eyes.加布丽尔被他的泪水打动了
82–But she soon discovered this happened 但她很快发现
83–every time Carlos closed a big deal.卡洛斯每做成一笔大生意时都会这样
84–Gabrielle liked her paella piping hot.加布丽尔喜欢热腾腾的炒饭
85–However, her relationship with her 然而 她和丈夫的关系
86–husband was considerably cooler.却日益冷淡
87–If you talk to Al Mason at this thing,你跟艾尔·梅森聊天时
88–I want you to casually mention 不妨顺便透露下
89–how much I paid for your necklace.你项链的价钱
90–Why not pin the receipt to my chest?干脆在我胸前贴上标签好了
91–He let me know how much he paid 他故意告诉我 他为他老婆的
92–for his wife’s convertible.敞篷车花了多少钱
93–Look, just work it into the conversation.不经意提到就好
94–There’s no way I can just work that in, Carlos.卡洛斯 我做不到很随意地插话
95–Why not? At the Donahue party,怎么会呢 在唐纳修的宴会上
96–everyone was talking mutual funds.每个人都在谈论公共基金
97–You found a way to mentioned you slept with 而你却想方设法告诉大家你跟扬基队
98–half the Yankee outfield.一半的外场手上过床
99–I’m telling you, it came up in the context of the conversation.我再说一次 当时大家就是谈的这些
100–Hey, people are starting to stare.人们在看我们了
101–Can you keep your voice down, please?你能小点声吗
102–Absolutely. We wouldn’t want 当然了 我们可不愿意
103–them to think we’re not happy.被别人发现我们不愉快
104–Bree Van De Kamp, who lives next door,住在隔壁的布里·范德坎普
105–brought baskets of muffins she baked from scratch.带了两篮她亲手烤制的松饼
106–Bree was known for her cooking,布里擅长烹饪
107–and for making her own clothes,自己缝纫做衣
108–and for doing her own gardening,亲手打理花园
109–and for re-upholstering her own furniture.甚至自己翻新家具
110–Yes, Bree’s many talents were known 是的 布里非常能干
111–throughout the neighborhood.远近皆知
112–Everyone on Wisteria Lane thought of 紫藤郡的每个人都觉得
113–Bree as the perfect wife and mother.布里是个完美的妻子
114–Everyone, that is, except her own family.每个人 不包括她的家人
115–Paul. Zachary.保罗 扎克
116–Hello, Mrs. Van De Kamp.你好 范德坎普太太
117–Bree, you shouldn’t have gone to all this trouble.布里 不必这么麻烦的
118–It was no trouble at all.一点都不麻烦
119–Now, the basket with the red ribbon 扎红丝的这篮
120–is filled with desserts for your guests,是为客人们准备的
121–but the one with the blue ribbon 蓝丝带的这篮
122–is just for you and Zachary.是特地为你和扎克准备的
123–It’s got rolls, muffins,里面有面包圈 松饼
124–breakfast type things.和一些早餐食物
125–Thank you.谢谢
126–Well, the least I could do is make sure 我能帮的就这些了
127–you boys had a decent meal 至少明天早上
128–to look forward to in the morning.你们还能吃上顿像样的早餐
129–I know you’re out of your minds with grief.我知道你们悲痛万分
130–Yes, we are.是的
131–Of course, I will need the baskets back once you’re done.对了 吃完后请把篮子还给我
132–Of course.当然
133–Susan Mayer, who lives across the street,住在对街的苏珊·梅尔
134–brought macaroni and cheese.带了乳酪通心粉
135–Her husband, Karl, always teased her about her macaroni,她丈夫卡尔 总是嘲笑她
136–saying it was the only thing she knew how 说她只会做乳酪通心粉
137–to cook and she rarely made it well.却还做不好
138–It was too salty the night she 在她和卡尔刚搬入新家的那晚
139–and Karl moved into their house.她做的太咸了
140–It was too watery the night she 在她发现卡尔的衣领上有口红印那晚
141–found lipstick on Karl’s shirt.她做的又太淡了
142–She burned it the night Karl told her 在卡尔为了他的秘书离开她的那晚
143–he was leaving her for his secretary.她把通心粉烤糊了
144–A year had passed since the divorce.离婚一年之后
145–Susan had started to think how nice it 苏珊开始觉得
146–would be to have a man in her life.生命中有个男人还是挺好的
147–Even one who would make fun of her cooking.就算是个会嘲笑她厨艺的男人
148–Mom, why would someone kill themselves?妈妈 为什么人们会自杀
149–Well, sometimes people are so unhappy,因为有时候人们很不开心
150–they think that’s the only way to solve their problems.觉得自杀是解决问题的唯一办法
151— Mrs. Young always seemed happy. - Yeah.-杨太太看起来总是很开心啊 -没错
152–Sometimes people pretend to be one way,有时候人们表现出一面
153–when they’re totally different on the inside.而内心却是截然不同的一面
154–Oh, you mean like how dad’s girlfriend always smiling and says 就像爸爸的女朋友满脸微笑
155–nice things, but we know she’s a bitch.讲话动听 但我们都知道她是个贱女人
156–I don’t like that word, Julie.朱莉 我不喜欢你用那个词
157–But, yeah, that’s a great example.不过 这个例子很棒
158–You’re welcome.感谢你们的到来
159–What’s going on?怎么样了
160–Sorry I’m late.对不起我来晚了
161— Hi, Susan. - Hey.-嗨 苏珊 -嗨
162–So, what did Karl say when you confronted him?当你跟卡尔对质的时候他怎么说
163–You’ll love this. He said…说得可好了 他说
164–“It doesn’t mean anything. It was just sex.”“这根本不能说明什么 仅仅是性而已”
165–Ah, yes, page one of the philanderer’s handbook.哦 是啊 花花公子手册第一页
166–Yeah, and then he got this zen look on his face,是啊 然后他就一脸无辜地对我说
167–and he said, “you know, Susan,”你知道 苏珊
168–most men live lives of quiet desperation.”大多数男人都生活在平静的绝望之中”
169–Please tell me you punched him.告诉我你揍他了
170–No. I said, “Really? And what do most women 没有 我说 “真的吗 那么大多数女人
171–lead lives of noisy fulfillment?”吵吵闹闹的一生又算什么”
172–Hmm. Good for you.说得好
173–I mean, of all people,我是说 那么多人
174–did he have to bang his secretary?你就非要搞上自己的秘书吗
175–I had that woman over for brunch.我还给那女人做过早午餐
176–It’s like my grandmother always said –正如我祖母常说的那样
177–an erect penis doesn’t have a conscience.男人那儿硬的时候没有良知可言
178–Even the limp ones aren’t that ethical.即使不硬也是没什么良知
179–This is half the reason I joined the NRA.这也是我加入枪支协会的原因之一
180–Well, when Rex started going to those medical conferences,当雷克斯开始参加那些医学会议时
181–I wanted it in the back of his mind that 我希望他明白
182–he had a loving wife at home 家里有个很爱他的妻子
183–with a loaded Smith & Wesson.和一把上了膛的沃森左轮手枪
184–Lynnie, Tom’s always away on business.勒奈特 汤姆总是出差
185–Do you ever worry he might?你不担心他会发生什么事吗
186–Oh, please, the man’s gotten me pregnant three times in four years.拜托 这个男人让我四年 里怀了三次孕
187–I wish he was having sex with someone else.我倒希望他去和别人做爱
188–So, Susan, is he gonna stop seeing that woman?所以 苏珊 他还会再见那个女人吗
189–I don’t know.我也不知道
190–I’m sorry, you guys, I just…抱歉 姐妹们 我只是
191–I just don’t know how I’m gonna survive this.我不知道自己要怎么熬过去
192–Listen to me.听我说
193–We all have moments of desperation.我们都有绝望的时候
194–If we can face them head-on, that’s when 当我们熬过去的时候
195–we’d find out how strong we really are.就会发现自己有多强大
196–Susan.苏珊
197–Susan.苏珊
198–I was just saying Paul wants us to go over on friday.我说保罗请我们周五过来
199–He needs us to go to Mary Alice’s closet 帮他整理玛丽·艾莉丝的衣橱
200–and help pack up her things.收拾下她的遗物
201–He says he can’t face doing it by himself.他说他不能独自面对
202— Sure. That’s fine. - Are you ok?-好啊 没问题 -你还好吧
203–Yeah. I’m just so angry.没事 我就是太生气了
204–If Mary Alice was having problems,如果玛丽·艾莉丝当时有问题
205–she should have come to us. She should’ve let us help her.她应该告诉我们 让我们帮她
206–What problems could she have had? She was healthy,她能有什么问题 她很健康
207–had a great home, a nice family. Her life was…舒适的房子 和睦的家庭 她的人生就是
208–Our life.我们的翻版
209–No. If Mary Alice was having a crisis,不会的 如果当时玛丽·艾莉丝有危机
210–we’d have known.我们会发现的
211–She lives 50 feet away, for god sakes.她住的那么近
212–Gabby, the woman killed herself.加布 那个女人都已经自杀了
213–Something must’ve been going on.这事没这么简单
214–I wouldn’t eat that if I were you. - Why?-如果我是你 我绝不吃那东西 -为什么
215–I made it. Trust me.那是我做的 相信我
216–Hey, hey, do you have a death wish?等等 你有什么遗愿吗
217–No, I just refused to believe that anybody 没有 我不相信有人连
218–can screw up macaroni and cheese.乳酪通心粉都不会做
219–Oh, my god.哦 天哪
220–How did you…? It tastes like 你怎么能 这吃起来就像
221–it’s burnt and undercooked.烤焦了但又没熟
222–Yeah, I get that a lot. Here you go.是啊 我经常这样 接着
223–Thanks. I’m Mike Delfino.谢谢 我是麦克·德尔非诺
224–I just started renting the Sims’ house next door.我刚租下隔壁赛蒙家的房子
225–Susan Mayer. I live across the street.苏珊·梅尔 我住对面
226–Mrs. Huber told me about you,胡博太太跟我说过你
227–said you illustrate children’s books.说你为儿童书画插画
228–Yeah, I’m very big with the under-five set.是啊 五岁以下的孩子都知道我
229–What do you do?你是做什么的
230–Plumber. So if you ever have a clog…水管工 所以万一你有东西堵住了
231–…or something.或是别的什么
232–Now that everybody’s seen that I brought something,现在大家都看到我带来的东西了
233–I should probably just throw this out.我应该早点把它扔了
234–Ease up, you little vampire.轻点 小冤家
235–Lynette, I’ve been looking all over for you.勒奈特 我到处找你
236–Are you aware of what your sons are doing?知道你的儿子们在干嘛吗
237–Cannonball!大炮攻击
238–Stop!停下来
239–What are you doing? We are at a wake.你们在干什么 这可是个告别会
240–Oh my god. You said we could go in the pool.天啊 你说我们可以游泳的
241–I said you could go by the pool.我说的是你们可以在泳池旁边
242–Do you have your swimsuits on?你们穿了泳衣
243–Yeah, we put ‘em on ourselves before we left.穿了 出门前穿的
244–You three planned this? All right. That’s it. Get out.你们三个计划好的是吧 够了 出来
245— No. - No?-不要 -不要
246–I am your mother. You have to do what I say. Come on.我是你们的妈妈 照我说的做 快点
247–We want to swim and you can’t stop us!我们想游泳 你阻止不了我们
248–Here.劳驾
249— No! - Get out.-别过来 -快出来
250–Think I won’t get in this pool and just grab you? Get out!以为我不会下来抓你们吗 出来
251–Get over here.过来
252–Get over here.过来
253–All right, give me your arm.好的 胳膊伸过来
254–You…你
255–That’s right. Get over here.这就对了 过来
256–Go, go, go, go, go. Move it.快快快 走
257–Out. Get out.出来 给我出来
258–Paul, we have to leave now.保罗 我们得走了
259–Once again, I am so sorry for your loss.你妻子的事我很遗憾
260–Go.走
261–Lynette shouldn’t have been so concerned about my husband.勒奈特用不着这么关心我丈夫
262–He had other things on his mind. Things below the surface.他所担心的是那些不会浮出水面的 秘密
263–The morning after my funeral, my friends 我葬礼第二天的早上 我的朋友们
264–and neighbors quietly went back 和邻居们就默默地回到了
265–to their busy, busy lives.他们忙碌的生活中
266–While some did their cooking…有的在做饭
267–…And some did their cleaning…有的在打扫
268–…And some did their yoga…有的在做瑜伽
269–…Others…还有的
270–…did their “homework”.在做”家庭作业”
271–Hi…你好
272–I’m Julie. I kicked my soccer ball into your backyard.我是朱莉 我把球踢到你家后院了
273–Oh, ok. Well, let’s go round and get it.好的 那我们过去捡
274–Stay 别出来
275–His wife died a year ago. He wanted to stay in LA,他妻子一年前死了 他本想留在洛杉矶
276–but here were too many memories.但是那有太多回忆了
277–He’s renting for tax purposes,税务原因他现在只能租房
278–but hopes to buy a place soon.但是他想尽快买一幢
279–I can’t believe you went over there 我不敢相信你竟然去那了
280–Hey, I saw you both flirting at the wake.我看到你们在告别会上调情了
281–You are obviously into each other 你们双方都有好感
282–Now you know he’s single, you can ask him out.既然知道他单身 你就能约他啦
283–Julie, I like Mr. Delfino, I do.朱莉 我喜欢德尔菲诺先生 我承认
284–I just… I don’t know if I’m ready to start dating yet.我只是不知道自己是否准备好约会了
285–You need to get back out there.你需要回到社交圈去
286–Come on. How long has it been since you’ve had sex?你上次做爱是什么时候
287–Are you mad that I asked you that?你生气了
288–No, I’m trying to remember.不是 我在想答案
289–I don’t want to talk to you about my love life any more.我不想再跟你讨论我的情感生活了
290–It warns me out 会刺激到我
291–I wouldn’t have said anything.It’s just…我本来不应该说 只是
292–What?什么
293–I heard dad’s girlfriend ask if you’d 我听见爸爸的女朋友问
294–dated anyone since the divorce.你离婚之后有没有约过谁
295–And dad said he doubted it.爸爸说他很怀疑
296–And then they both laughed.然后他们都笑了
297–Hey, Susan.嗨 苏珊
298–Hi, Mike. I brought you a little house-warming gift.嗨 麦克 我带了个搬家礼物给你
299–I should’ve brought something by earlier, but 我应该早点送礼物过来的
300— Actually, you’re the first to stop by. - Really?-实际上 你是第一个拜访的 -真的吗
301–Susan knew she was lucky.苏珊知道自己很幸运
302— An eligible bachelor had moved on to Wisteria Lane - Welcome-一个称心的单身汉搬到了紫 藤郡 -欢迎
303–and she was the first to find out.而她又是第一个发现的
304–But she also knew that good news…但她也知道 好消息
305— Hello there. - …Travels quickly.-你们好啊 -总是不胫而走
306–Edie Britt was the most predatory 伊迪·布利特是方圆五个街区内
307–divorce in a five-block radius.最风骚的离异女子
308–Her conquests were numerous.她的俘虏不计其数
309–Varied.种类繁多
310–and legendary.如传奇一般
311–Hi, Susan. I hope I’m not interrupting.你好 苏珊 希望没打扰到你们
312–You must be Mike Delfino.你一定就是麦克·德尔非诺
313–Hi, I’m Edie… Britt.你好 我是伊迪·布利特
314–I live over there.我住那
315–Welcome to Wisteria Lane.欢迎搬来紫藤郡
316–Susan had met the enemy. And she was a slut.苏珊碰到对手了 还是个荡妇
317–Thank you. What’s this?谢谢 这是什么
318–Sausage puttanesca.茄汁香肠
319–It’s just something I threw together.不过是我随便做的
320–Well, thanks, Edie.谢谢 伊迪
321–That’s… great. I’d invite you both in,真好 我应该请你们进来的
322–but I was sort of in the middle of something.但是我正在忙
323–I’m late for an appointment.我赴约就要迟到了
324–I just wanted to say hi.我就是过来打个招呼
325–And just like that, the race for Mike Delfino had begun.就这样 麦克·德尔非诺之争开始了
326–For a moment, Susan wondered if her rivalry with Edie 有一瞬间 苏珊想她和伊迪说不定
327–would remain friendly.可以友好地竞争
328–Oh, Mike, I heard you’re a plumber.哦 麦克 我听说你是个水管工
329–But she was reminded that when it came to men…但是她想起来 在男人的问题上
330–Do you think you could stop by later and take a look at my pipes?你一会能过来看看我家的管道 吗
331— …Women don’t fight fair. - Sure.-女人不会公平竞争 -没问题
332–Thanks.谢啦
333–Bye, Susan.拜 苏珊
334–You can’t order me around like I am a child.你别想像管小孩那样指挥我
335–Gabrielle.加布丽尔
336–No, no. I’m not going.不 我才不去
337–It’s business. Tanaka expects everyone to bring their wives.这是生意 塔纳卡希望每人都携眷 出席
338–Every time I’m around that man, he tries to grab my ass.每次我在那男人周围 他都想捏我的 屁股
339–I made over 200,000 doing business with him last year.去年我从他那赚了二十万
340–If he wants to grab your ass, you let him.如果他想捏你的屁股 让他捏
341–John.约翰
342–Mr. Solis, you scared me.索利斯先生 你吓到我了
343–Why is that bush there? You were supposed to dig it up last week.那怎么还有杂草 你上周就 该除掉的
344— I didn’t have time. - I don’t want to hear your excuses.-我没时间 -别找借口
345–Just take care of it.把它处理好
346–I really hate the way you talk to me.我讨厌你跟我说话的语气
347–And I hate that I spent $15,000 on your diamond necklace 我讨厌花一万五千块买条
348–which you couldn’t live without.没它你就活不下去的钻石项链
349–But I’m learning to deal with it.但是我学着接受了
350–So can I tell Tanaka we’ll be there tomorrow?我能告诉塔纳卡我们明晚都会去了吗
351–John, we have bandages top shelf in the kitchen.约翰 邦迪在厨房的架子上
352–Thanks, Mrs. Solis.谢谢 索利斯夫人
353–Fine, I’ll go.好吧 我去
354–But I’m keeping my back pressed 但是我会整晚
355–against the wall the entire time.都靠墙站着的
356–See, now this is what a marriage is all about.看到了吧 这就是婚姻的真谛
357–Compromise.妥协
358— Is your finger ok? - Yeah, it’s just a small cut.-你手指没事吧 -没事 一个小口子而已
359–Let me see. Mmm.给我看看
360–You know, Mrs. Solis, I really like it when we hook up,索利斯夫人 我喜欢和你亲热
361–but, um, you know, I got to get my work done and…但是 我还有活要干
362–…I can’t afford to lose this job.我可丢不起这份工作
363–This table was hand-carved.这张桌子可是纯手工雕刻
364–Carlos had it imported from Italy.卡洛斯从意大利进购的
365–It cost him $23,000.花了他$23000
366–You want to do it on the table this time?你这次想在桌子上做吗
367–Absolutely.当然了
368–Why can’t we ever have normal soup?我们不能喝普通一点的汤吗
369–Danielle, there is nothing abnormal about basil puree.丹妮尔 罗勒汤就很普通啊
370–Just once,就一次
371–couldn’t we have a soup that people have heard of?喝一点大家都知道的汤
372–Like French onion or navy bean.例如法式洋葱汤 或者菜豆汤
373–First of all, your father can’t eat onions.首先 你爸爸对洋葱过敏
374–He’s deathly allergic. And I won’t 那是致命的
375–even dignify your navy bean suggestion.再说我也不认为菜豆汤是个好主意
376–So… how’s the osso buco?炖小牛胫味道怎么样
377— It’s ok. - It’s ok?-还可以 -只是还可以
378–Andrew, I spent three hours cooking this meal.安德鲁 我花了三小时做这顿饭
379–How do you think it makes me feel when you 但别人却随口敷衍一句
380–say “it’s okay” in that sullen tone?”还可以” 想想我的感受
381–Who asked you to spend three hours on dinner?没人让你花三小时准备晚饭
382–Excuse me?你说什么
383–Tim Harper’s mom gets home from work,汤姆·哈伯的妈妈工作回来后
384–pops open a can of pork and beans,直接打开一些猪肉和豆子罐头
385–and boom, they’re eating. Everyone’s happy.然后热热闹闹的吃饭 大家都很开心
386–You’d rather I serve pork and beans?你宁愿我做猪肉和豆子吗
387–Apologize now. I am begging.我求你赶紧道歉
388–I’m saying,我的意思是
389–do you always have to serve cuisine?有必要总是显摆你的厨艺吗
390–Can’t we ever just have food?难道我们就不能简单地吃顿饭
391— Are you doing drugs? - What?-你嗑药了么 -什么
392–Change in behavior is one of the warning signs,行为异常就是嗑药的表现
393–and you have been as fresh as 在此之前的
394–paint for the last six months.半年里你都很正常
395–That certainly would explain 我想这就是
396–why you’re always locked in the bathroom.你经常躲在卫生间的原因
397–Trust me, that is not what he is doing.相信我 他在卫生间可不是干这事
398–Shut up.闭嘴
399–Mom, I’m not the one with the problem here, all right?妈妈 有问题的不是我
400–You’re the one always acting like 你才是那个表现得
401–she’s running for mayor of Stepford.像要竞选市长的
402–Rex… Seeing that you’re the head of this household,雷克斯 作为一家之主
403–I would really appreciate you saying something.你得说些什么吧
404–Pass thee salt?把盐给我
405–Three days after my funeral,葬礼过去三天后
406–Lynette replaced her grief with a much more useful emotion.勒奈特不再悲伤了
407–Indignation.而是愤怒
408–Tom, this is my fifth message,汤姆 这是我第五次给你留言了
409–and you still haven’t called me back.可你还不回电话给我
410–Well, you must be having a lot of fun 好吧 看来你这次出差其乐无穷
411–on your business trip. I can only imagine.我只能这样想了
412–Well, guess what – The kids and I want to have some fun, too,我想我和孩子们也要出去玩玩了
413–so unless you call me back by noon,除非你在中午之前给我回电话
414–we are getting on a plane and joining you.否则我们会坐飞机过来找你
415–Mom.妈妈
416–Not now. Mommy’s threatening daddy.现在不行 我正威胁爸爸呢
417— Mom. - No, I…-妈妈 -不行
418— Where are your brothers? - Noodles, my favorite.-哥哥们呢 -面条 我的最爱
419— Lyneettee Scavo? - Crap.-勒奈特·斯加沃 -该死的
420–Natalie Klein. I don’t believe it.娜塔丽·柯莱恩 真不敢相信
421–Lynette. How long has it been?勒奈特 我们多久没见了
422–Years. Uh, how are you?有些年头了 过的怎么样
423–How’s the firm?公司还好吗
424–Good. Everyone misses you.很好 大家都很想你
425–We all say if you hadn’t quit,大家都说如果你不走的话
426–you’d be running the place by now.现在肯定是老板了
427–Yeah, well.是啊
428–So… How’s domestic life?家庭生活怎么样
429–Don’t you just love being a mom?做全职妈妈感觉怎样
430–And there it was. The question that Lynette always dreaded.麻烦来了 勒奈特最怕别人问这个 问题
431–Well, to be honest…说实话
432–For those who asked it, only one answer was acceptable,对于这个问题 答案只有一个
433–So Lynette responded as she always did. She lied.所以勒奈特和往常一样说了谎
434–It’s the best job I’ve ever had.这是有史以来最棒的工作
435— You know what I don’t get? - What?-知道我好奇什么吗 -什么
436–Why you married Mr. Solis.你为什么要和索利斯先生结婚
437–Well… He promised to give me 因为他能给我
438–everything I’ve ever wanted.任何我想要的东西
439— And did he? - Yes.-他做到了吗 -是的
440–Then why aren’t you happy?那你为什么不开心
441–Turns out I wanted all the wrong things.看来我得到的都不是真正想要的
442–So do you love him?那你爱他吗
443–I do.是的
444–Well, then, why are we here? Why are we doing this?那我们为什么还在这偷情
445–Because I don’t want to wake up one morning 因为我可不想某天醒来
446–with a sudden urge to blow my brains out.想把自己的脑袋打爆
447— Hey, can I have a drag? - Absolutely not.-我能抽根吗 -当然不行
448–You are much too young to smoke.对你来说 抽烟还太早
449–How would you feel about me using your 如果我用你的抚养费去做整形手术
450–child-support payments for plastic surgery?你觉得怎样
451–Stop being so nervous. You’re just 别那么紧张
452–asking him to dinner. No big deal.你只是约他吃饭 没什么大不了的
453–You’re right.你说的对
454–So is that your project for school?那是你的作业吗
455–You know, when I was in fifth grade,五年级的时候
456–I made the White House out of sugar cubes.我用糖块做出了白宫
457–Stop stalling and go.别磨蹭了 赶紧去
458–Before Mike figures out he can do better.在麦克有更好的选择之前
459–Tell me again why I fought for custody of you.我为什么要争夺你的抚养权
460— You were using me to hurt dad. - Oh, that’s right.-你想气气爸爸 -说得好
461–Oh, god.天哪
462— Hi. - Hey, Susan.-嗨 -嗨 苏珊
463–Are you busy?你在忙吗
464–No, not at all. What’s up?不忙 怎么了
465–Well, I… I just, uh, was wondering if…我只是在想
466–…if there was any chance that you, uh…你是否有时间
467–…I just wanted to ask if…我想问你
468— Edie. - Hey, there, Susan.-伊迪 -嗨 苏珊
469— What are you…? - I was making ambrosia.-你怎么 -我刚做了些食物
470–And I made too much so I thought 不过我一个人吃不了
471–I’d bring some over to Mike.所以就拿过来和麦克一起分享
472–What’s going on?怎么了
473–Susan was just going to ask me something.苏珊正打算问我什么
474— I have a clog. - Excuse me?-我家水管堵住了 -什么
475— And you’re a plumber, right? - Yeah.-你是个水管工 不是吗 -是的
476— The clog’s in the pipe. - Yeah,-水管里有东西堵住了 -是啊
477–That’s usually where they are.通常问题都在那
478–Well, I’ve got one.是啊 就是这种情况
479–Ok. Let me get my tools.好吧 我去拿下工具
480–Now? You want to come over now? You have company.现在就过去修理吗 你这还有伴呢
481–I don’t mind.我不介意
482–Just give me two minutes. I’ll be right over.等我 2 分钟 马上就过来
483–That’s it.就这样
484— Just stuff the hair down there. - I stuffed it.-赶紧用头发把它塞满 -我塞了
485— It’s not enough to clog it. - Here. Okay, look.-但还是不能堵住 -好吧
486–Put in this peanut butter 把花生酱也倒进去
487–and this cooking oil.还有烹饪油
488— Mom - And these olives.-妈妈 -还有这些橄榄
489–Mom, I’m telling you, it’s not working.妈妈 我说了 这些都没用
490–Oh, god. That’s him.我的天哪 他来了
491–How am I going to stop up the sink?我该怎么办
492–Well, here’s your problem.好了 问题在这里
493–Looks like somebody stuffed 看来有人把一堆冰棒棍子
494–a bunch of popsicle sticks down here.扔了进来
495–I’ve told Julie a million times 我告诉朱莉无数次
496–not to play in the kitchen. Kids, you know.不要在厨房打闹 但是小孩都这样
497–All right, I’ll go put in your orders,好的 我这就去做准备
498–And I’ll be right back with your drinks 马上把你们的饮料
499–and your plates for the salad bar.和装沙拉用的盘子拿来
500–Thank you.谢谢
501–Andrew, Danielle, napkins?安德鲁 丹妮尔 摆好餐巾
502–They have video games.这儿有电视游戏
503–Could we go play until our food gets here?我们能过去玩玩吗 菜上了就回来
504–Andrew, this is family time. I think that we should all 安德鲁 这是家庭聚餐 我想我们
505–Go ahead and play.去玩吧
506–I know that you think I’m angry about coming here,也许你认为我不喜欢这种地方
507–but I’m not.其实不是
508–You and the kids wanted a change of pace,你和孩子们想换个有趣点的环境
509–something fun I get it.我明白
510–Probably we’ll want 说不定你们明天晚上
511–something healthier tomorrow night, though.就想吃些健康点的食物了
512–I’m thinking about chicken Saltimbocca.我打算做些煎鸡肉卷
513–I want a divorcee.我们离婚吧
514–I just can’t live in this…我实在不能忍受
515–…this detergent commercial anymore 这种毫无瑕疵的生活
516–The salad bar’s right over there. Help yourself.沙拉台就在那边 请随便享用
517–Thank you.谢谢
518–Um, I think I’ll go get your salad for you.我去帮你拿些沙拉
519— Bree Van De Kamp. - Oh. Hello, Mrs. Huber.-布里·范德坎普 -你好 胡博太太
520–We didn’t get a chance to talk at 在玛丽·艾莉丝的追思会上
521–Mary Alice’s wake. How are you doing?我们都没有好好聊过 最近怎么样
522–Bree longed to share the truth about 布里很想和她分享
523–her husband’s painful betrayal,丈夫背叛了自己的事
524–but sadly for Bree,悲哀的是
525–admitting defeat was not an option.布里绝不会承认自己是失败者
526–Great. Everything is just great.很好 一切都很好
527–Okay, well, I got you the honey mustard dressing.我给你的沙拉浇了蜂蜜黄芥末酱
528–The ranch looked just a little bit suspect.看起来很田园
529–Are we going to talk about what I said?能继续刚才的谈话吗
530–If you think I’m going to discuss the dissolution 我才不会在这个用”美眉”和”帅哥”
531–of my marriage in a place 作为洗手间标示的地方
532–where the restrooms are labeled “chicks” and “dudes”,讨论我们的婚姻问题
533–you’re out of your mind.你疯了吧
534–What’s in this?这里面有什么
535–What do you mean, what’s in this? It’s salad.还能是什么 沙拉啊
536— With… with onions. - What?-里面有洋葱 -什么
537— You put onions in my salad. - No, I didn’t.-你在里面放了洋葱 -我没有
538–Oh, wait.怎么会这样
539–The sound that awakened my son was 惊醒我儿子的声音
540–something he’d heard only once before.在他还很小的时候
541–Many years ago when he was quite young.听到过一次
542–But he recognized it instantly.但他马上就明白了
543–It was the sound of a family secret.这声音是我们家的秘密
544–Seven days after my funeral, life on Wisteria Lane 葬礼过去七天后
545–finally returned to normal.紫藤郡人的生活重归正常
546–Which, for some of my friends, was unfortunate.对于我的某些朋友来说 生活并不尽如人意
547— Mommy, mommy! - Now what?-妈妈 妈妈 -又怎么了
548–Daddy’s home!爸爸回来了
549–Come on! Hey, is anybody home?过来 家里有人吗
550–I wasn’t expecting you for a week.我以为你不打算回来了
551–I have to go back to ‘Frisco in the morning.我今天上午得赶回旧金山
552–But I got your call. You sounded frazzled.但我收到你的留言了 你听起来你很憔悴
553–Yeah.没错
554— It’s been a little rough. - Hi. Yeah. Peaches.-我的确有点累 -嗯 桃子味
555–Did you buy us any presents?你给我们带礼物了吗
556–Oh, god, presents. Wait up. Let me see.对了 礼物 等一下 我找找
557— Ohhh! - Yeah!-在这儿 -太棒了
558–But I’m not giving it to you unless 但你们得保证 现在就到外面去
559–you promise to go outside right now 练二十分钟投球
560–and practise throwing for 20 minutes. You promise?我才能把球给你们 行吗
561— Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! - Punks. Get out!-好耶 好耶 -孩子们 快去吧
562–Who’s open? Go out. Deeper. Deeper. Touchdown!谁来开球 出去 再远点儿 触地得分
563–Oh, my god.天哪
564–Oh, no.别这样
565–You got to be kidding. I’m exhausted.你开玩笑吧 我累瘫了
566–I look terrible. I’m covered in peaches.身上一团糟 还都是桃子味
567–I’m sorry, baby. I got to have you.抱歉了 宝贝 我控制不了了
568–Well, is it ok if I just lie here?我能不能就这么躺着
569–Absolutely.当然可以
570— I love you. - I love you more.-我爱你 -我更爱你
571–Wait. I gotta tell you I was having trouble with swelling.等等 我有点肿胀的毛病
572–The doctor took me off the pill.医生不让我吃避孕药了
573–You just gotta put on a condom.你得把套子戴上
574— A condom? - Yeah.-戴套子 -没错
575–What’s the big deal? Let’s risk it.没什么大不了的 我们就赌一把吧
576— Let’s risk it? - Yeah.-赌一把 -对啊
577–I can’t believe you tried to kill me.真没想到你会想要杀了我
578–Yes, well, I feel badly about that.我很抱歉
579–I told you Mrs. Huber came over 我说过了 胡博太太当时走过来
580–and I got distracted. It was a mistake.我走神了 是我不小心而已
581–Since when do you make mistakes?你怎么会有疏忽的时候
582–What does that mean?这话什么意思
583–It means I’m sick of you being 你永远都让事情保持完美
584–so damn perfect all the time.这让我无法忍受
585–I’m sick of the bizarre way your hair doesn’t move.我讨厌你的头发总是一丝不苟
586–I’m sick of you making our bed in the 我讨厌早晨我还没去洗手间
587–morning before I’ve used the bathroom.你就已经把床铺好了
588–You’re this plastic suburban housewife,你简直就是个人造的完美家庭主妇
589–with her pearls and spatula,戴着珍珠项链 拿着刮铲
590–who says things like “we owe the Hendersons a dinner.”嘴里说着饭”
591–Where’s the woman I fell in love with…我一见倾心的女人去哪儿了
592–…Who used to burn the toast and 那个会把面包烤焦
593–drink milk out of the carton?喝纸盒牛奶的女人
594–and laugh.会放声大笑的女人
595–I need her.我想念她了
596–Not this cold, perfect thing you’ve become.而不是现在这样完美却冷酷的
597–These need water.这花该换水了
598–Bree sobbed quietly in the restroom for five minutes,布里在洗手间里安静的抽泣了五分钟
599–but her husband never knew.但她丈夫不知道
600–Because when Bree finally emerged…因为当她出来的时候
601–…she was perfect.她又完美如初
602–I found my earrings. We can go now.我找到耳环了 可以走了
603–Was John here today?约翰今天来过吗
604–Well, yeah.来过啊
605–The lawn hasn’t been mowed. I’ve had it.草坪根本没修剪 我受够了
606–We’re getting a real gardener.得换个专业园丁了
607— Why? - Are you deaf?-为什么 -你没听见吗
608–I just said he’s not doing his job.他根本没完成他的活儿
609–It’s dark. You just can’t see the lawn has been mowed.天太黑了 你看不出来草坪已经剪过了
610–It hasn’t been. Feel this grass.就是没有 看看这草
611–I’m not feeling the grass.我怎么看不到
612–Let’s just get going. Come on, we’re late.快走吧 我们要迟到了
613— Take care of it. - Yes, sir.-把车停好 -是 先生
614–There’s Tanaka. Time for me to go and do my dance.塔纳卡在那边 轮到我大显身手了
615–Good luck, sweetheart.祝你好运 甜心
617— Excuse me. - Ma’am.-等一下 -你好
618–You see that man just walked away?看到那个刚走开的男人了吗
619–Can you make sure he has a drink in his hand all night long?你能保证他今晚手里一直都有酒吗
620–Yes, ma’am.好的 女士
621— Susan? Susan! - Mrs. Huber, how are you doing?-苏珊 苏珊 -胡博太太 近来可好
622–Not too well, I’m afraid.不算太好
623–I’m trying to find something to soothe my stomach.我想找点治胃病的药
624— It’s upset? - Yeah.-胃不舒服 -对啊
625–I had the worst macaroni and cheese at the wake.我在追思会上吃了超难吃的奶酪通心粉
626–It’s been running through me ever since.然后胃就一直没舒服过
627–And I need to be at my best.我得赶紧好起来
628–Edie Britt’s son is spending the night tonight.伊迪·布利特的儿子今晚要来我家过夜
629–He’s spending the night?他要在你家过夜
630–Apparently Edie is having a gentleman friend over for dinner,伊迪要和一位先生共进晚餐
631–and I think she plans on entertaining into the wee hours,我猜她打算狂欢一整夜
632–if you know what I mean.你明白我的意思吧
633–Oh, here’s some antacid. Have you ever tried this?这有些抗酸剂 你服过这种药吗
634–I can’t believe it. This can’t be happening.难以置信 怎么可能呢
635–Mike can’t like Edie better than me. He just can’t.比起我 麦克不会更喜欢伊迪的 不可能
636–You don’t know what’s going on.你又不知道究竟会发生什么事
637–Maybe they’re just having dinner.没准儿他们就是吃个饭而已
638–You’re right. They’re doing it.你说得没错 他们要上床了
639–Edie?伊迪
640–Edie?伊迪
641–Hello? Anybody home?有人在家吗
642–I need to borrow sugar.我要借点糖
643–Oh, my god! Oh, yes! Give it to me!上帝啊 就是这样 给我
644–And just like that, the possibility Susan had clung to,就这样 苏珊对麦克·德尔非诺抱有的
645–the maybe of Mike Delfino, was gone forever.最后一点幻想 也破灭了
646–And despite the precariousness of her situation,尽管她心绪难平
647–Susan took a moment to mourn her loss.苏珊还是坐下来伤了一会儿心
648–It didn’t take Susan long to realize,苏珊马上就发现
649–this was just not her night.今天晚上她注定倒霉
650–Is somebody out there?是谁在楼下
651–Oh, my god! That’s smoke!上帝啊 冒烟了
652–Oh, my god.天哪
653–She left candles unattended in the den.她把点燃的蜡烛丢在外间里
654–Paramedic said she was lucky.医生说她已经很幸运了
655–She could’ve been killed.她本来可能会死的
656–She ran out with nothing on.她什么都没穿就跑了出来
657–She was having sex with some guy when the fire started.起火的时候她和别人做爱呢
658–What happened to him?那人怎么样了
659–He got smoke inhalation. He’s at the hospital.他吸入了烟雾 送医院了
660–Susan, are you all right? You look awful.苏珊 你没事吧 你脸色不对劲啊
661–I’m fine. I’m fine. I just, uh, feel really bad for Edie.我没事 没事 我只是 为伊迪感到遗憾
662–Oh, honey, don’t worry about Edie. She’s a strong lady.宝贝儿 不用为她担心 她很坚强的
663–Absolutely. She’ll get through this.没错 她能挺过来的
664–She’ll find a way to survive.她总有办法渡过难关
665–We all do.我们都是如此
666–Come on.走吧
667— Wow! What happened? - Mike!-天啊 怎么回事 -麦克
668–And suddenly there he was.突然间 他出现了
669–Like a phoenix rising from the ashes.像是浴火重生的凤凰
670–I… I thought you were… Uh… Where were you?我以为你在 你去哪儿了
671–I just got back from the movies. Edie had a fire, huh?我刚从电影院回来 伊迪家着火了是吗
672–Yeah. Yeah, but she’s fine now.是啊 不过她现在没事了
673–Everything’s fine now.一切都没事了
674–And just like that, Susan was happy.就这样 苏珊很高兴
675–Life was suddenly full of… possibilities.她的生活又充满了无限可能
676–Not to mention a few unexpected surprises.更别说一些意外的”惊喜”了
677— Hello. - It’s me.-喂 -是我
678— Have anything yet? - No, nothing yet.-有消息了吗 -还没有
679–But don’t worry. I’m definitely getting closer.不过别着急 我快要得手了
680–I brought some champagne.我带了些香槟
681–I thought we should have a toast.我觉得我们应该喝一杯
682–The next day my friends came together 第二天 我的朋友们一起过来
683–to pack away my clothes,把我的衣服 私人物品
684–my personal belongings and what was left of my life.还有我留下的一切痕迹都清理走
685–All right, ladies, lift ‘em up.好了 姑娘们 举杯吧
686–To Mary Alice, a good friend and neighbor.敬玛丽·艾莉丝 好朋友 好邻居
687–Wherever you are, we hope you’ve found peace.无论你身在何处 愿你能寻得平静
688— To Mary Alice. - To Mary Alice.-敬玛丽·艾莉丝 -敬玛丽·艾莉丝
689–Let’s get this show on the road.好好整理一下吧
690–You guys, check out Mary Alice’s clothes.你们快来看看玛丽·艾莉丝的衣服
691–Size eight? Ha! She always told me she was a size six.八号的 她一直说她穿六号
692–We found the skeleton in her closet.她的小秘密曝光了
693–Not quite, Gabrielle, not quite.这不算秘密 加布丽尔 还有呢
694— What’s that? - A letter addressed to Mary Alice.-那是什么 -一封给玛丽·艾莉丝的信
695–How ironic.真是讽刺
696–To have something I tried so desperately to keep secret,我一直以来要保守的秘密
697–treated so casually.如此轻易地被发现了
698–What are you doing? That’s private.你干什么呢 这是隐私
699–It’s open. What’s the big deal?这已经打开了 没关系的
700–我知道你干的好事 真恶心 我要告诉别人
701–What does this mean?这是什么意思
702–I don’t know. But check out the postmark.不知道 不过看这邮戳
703–Oh, my god. She got it the day she died.天哪 是她自杀那天收到的
704–Do you think this is why she…?会不会就是因为这个她
705–I’m so sorry, girls.对不起 姐妹们
706–I never wanted you to be burdened with this.我本不想让你们卷进来
707–Oh, Mary Alice, what did you do?玛丽·艾莉丝 你做了什么

This post is licensed under CC BY 4.0 by the author.

读《应对孩子的愤怒与攻击》

Desperate Housewives S01E02

Comments powered by Disqus.