Desperate Housewives S01E04
1–Anybody home?有人在家吗
2–Previously on Desperate Housewives《绝望主妇》前情提要
3— Susan played with fire… - That’s not my cup.-苏珊玩火 -那不是我的
4–And could get burned.最终可能会引火上身
5–Go to a spa, go shopping. Find a way to relax.做水疗也好 购物也好 总之放松放松
6— Gabrielle… - Get here as fast as you can.-加布丽尔 -那尽快过来
7–found herself a playmate.给自己找了个玩伴
8–Lynette couldn’t get her kids to stop playing.勒奈特对调皮的孩子们无计可施
9–Ma’am do you know why I pulled you over?夫人 知道我为什么拦你吗
10–I have a theory.我知道
11–If I don’t get some sleep, I’ll be 如果我还是无法入睡
12–forced back upstairs out of exhaustion.我迟早会因为疲劳过度 被迫回楼上去睡
13–And Bree played hard ball.而布里耍了狠招
14–Everyone has a little dirty laundry.每个人都有不可告人的秘密
15–When I was alive, I maintained many different identities.我活着的时候 有着多重社会角色
16–Lover, wife and, ultimately, victim.爱人 妻子 最后变成了受害者
17–模范母亲自杀内幕
18–Yes, labels are important to the living.是的 一个人的称谓很重要
19–They dictate how people see themselves.它决定了人们如何给自己定位
20–Like my friend Lynette.比如我的朋友勒奈特
21–She used to see herself as a career woman,过去她认为自己是一名职业女性
22–and a hugely successful one.一名非常成功的女强人
23–She was known for her power lunches,她以处理公事时雷厉风行
24–her eye-catching presentations,演示报告时巧舌如簧
25–and her ruthlessness in wiping out the competition.挫败对手时冷酷无情而闻名于圈内
26–But Lynette gave up her career to assume a new label.但勒奈特放弃了事业 并换上一个全新的 称谓
27–The incredibly satisfying role of full-time mother.无比幸福满足的全职太太
28–Scavo residence. Yes, this is me.斯加沃家 对 我就是
29–But, unfortunately for Lynette,很不幸 对勒奈特而言
30–this new label frequently fell short of what was advertised.这个称谓总是有点名不副实
31–How in the world did they…?他们究竟…
32–I left the door to the art supply 我打开了画具柜
33–cupboard open for five minutes.不过 5 分钟而已
34— That’s all. - Five minutes.-就变成这样了 -5 分钟
35–The little girl, why didn’t she say anything?那个小女孩 她为什么一声不吭呢
36–Your boys work quickly.你儿子下手太快
37–Well, obviously they will be punished for this severely.我保证他们会得到严厉的惩罚
38–I hesitate bringing this up, since you 我本来不想说的
39–got so ugly about it last time…因为似乎你对此很敏感 可我认为…
40–They don’t have attention deficit disorder,他们没有多动症
41–and I won’t drug my boys 我不会为了减轻你的工作负担
42–just to make your job easier.而让我的孩子吃药
43–I’d rather change teachers.我宁愿给他们换老师
44–The boys are in my class because I’m the 他们之所以在我的班级里
45–only teacher who can handle them.因为这所学校只有我能对付他们
46–What if we separate the twins,把双胞胎分开
47–put them in different classes?放在不同的班级如何
48–They’re much calmer when they’re not bouncing off one another.他们不待在一起就会安分许多
49–We can try that, but if it doesn’t work,我们不妨试试 如果还是不奏效
50–we may no longer be able to accommodate them.我们只好让他们转学
51–It suddenly occurred to Lynette,勒奈特发现
52–her label was about to change yet again.在之后的几年
53–And for the next few years, she would be known as 她将多一个称谓
54–the mother of the boys who painted Tiffany Axelrod blue.那就是 蓝魔爪的妈妈
55–It looked to be an interesting afternoon on Wisteria Lane.紫藤郡今天下午会很热闹
56–A mysterious cassette tape had 因为在我朋友布里手上
57–been discovered by my friend Bree.有一盘关于我的神秘磁带
58–She had stolen it from her marriage counselor.那是她从婚姻咨询师那里偷来的
59–A counselor I’d once spoken to in strictest confidence.可怜我曾经是那么坚信 秘密绝不会泄露
60–So how have you been?最近你感觉如何
61–I had the nightmare again.我又做恶梦了
62–It’s weird to hear Mary Alice.听到玛丽·艾莉丝的声音感觉怪怪的
63— Still the same one? - Yes.-还是之前那个吗 -是的
64–But this time I was standing in a river 不过这次我站在河里
65–and I saw the girl under the water.水下有个女孩
66–She kept screaming “Angela” over and over again.她不停地叫着”安吉拉”
67–What do you think the significance of the name “Angela” is?这个名字有什么特殊意义吗
68–Actually, that’s my real name.事实上 那是我的真名
69–Her real name?她的真名
70–That doesn’t make any sense.这不可能
71–I’ve seen her driver’s license. I did not say Angela.我看过她的驾照 没什么安吉拉
72–Bree, what does it say in the rest of the tape?布里 带子里还说了什么
73–Just more about her nightmares,全是关于她的恶梦
74–and this girl she was afraid of.和这个令她不安的女孩
75–So what the hell do we do now?我们该怎么办呢
76–I think we should show Paul the note.是时候把字条给保罗看了
77–Are you sure? He’s gonna freak.你确定吗 他会抓狂的
78–It’s now or never.不然以后就没机会了
79–I saw what he’s asking for the place.我看到他为房子开的价
80–It’s gonna sell quickly.很快就能卖出去
81–Can I say something?我想说
82— I’m glad Paul’s moving. - Gaby.-保罗总算要搬走了 -加布
83–I’m sorry. He’s just always given me the creeps.抱歉 可他总是让我毛骨悚然
84–Haven’t you guys noticed, he has this dark thing going on?不觉得他给人感觉阴森森的吗
85–Something about him just feels…他就是挺…
86— Malignant? - Yes.-邪恶 -没错
87–We’ve all sort of felt it.看来我们都有同感
88–That being said, I do love what he’s done with that lawn.话虽如此 他打理草坪倒是很在行
89–Mom, the dish is clean.妈 碟子刷得够干净了
90–I still don’t understand why you don’t just 我不明白你干嘛
91–ask him out on an official date date.不直接约他出去 来个正式约会
92–I’m trying a new strategy. I’m playing hard to get.我在尝试一种新战术 吊他胃口
93–How long do you think you can keep that up?你觉得自己能撑多久呢
94–Maybe until noon.也许只能撑到中午
95–Then I’m going to have to run over there 然后我就会跑去
96–and beg him to love me.求他爱上我
97–Uh, mom, I don’t think you’re 妈妈 看来
98–gonna be able to wait that long.你等不了那么久
99–You got to be kidding. She washed her car yesterday.搞什么 她昨天才洗过车
100–Oh, no, she’s not.不是吧 真不要脸
101–Yep, she’s bringing out the big guns.很好 不择手段的女人
102–You better get over there. She’s wearing cotton.你最好赶紧过去 不然她就要脱光了
103–What am I supposed to say? “I saw you half-naked 难道要说”看你快脱光光了
104–and I thought I’d drop by”?所以我来打个招呼”
105–What’s that?这是什么
106–A piece of Mike’s junk mail we got by mistake.寄给麦克的广告传单 投错了
107–I held onto it in case of an emergency.我留着以备不时之需
108–God bless you.上帝保佑你
109–Hey, Susan.苏珊
110–We got this by mistake.这个寄错了
111–Oh, thanks.多谢
112–I hope it’s not important.但愿不是很要紧的信
113–No, it’s just a promotion for the Rialto Film Festival.不 只是里亚尔托电影节的宣传单
114–Well, I guess I’ve done my good deed for the day.我想我已经日行一善了
115–I’ll just head back home.我这就回去了
116–Bye.再见
117— Hey, you like old movies? - I love old movies.-你喜欢老电影吗 -简直爱死了
118–I hate Susan Mayer.我讨厌苏珊·梅尔
119–Every time I see those big doe eyes of hers,每次看到她母鹿般的大眼睛
120–I swear to god I just want to go out and shoot a deer.我就想出去打死一只鹿
121–What has she done this time?她又做了什么
122–She is out there throwing herself at Mike Delfino,她在外面勾引麦克·德尔非诺
123–again.又一次
124–Susan likes Mike?苏珊喜欢麦克
125–Where the hell have you been, Martha?你没看出来吗 玛莎
126–She’s been lusting after him ever since he moved in.从他一搬进来她就盯上他了
127–I got your message. What’s going on?我收到留言 出了什么事
128–The boys refuse to be separated.双胞胎不愿意分班
129–They refuse? They’re six years old. Make them.不愿意 他们才 6 岁 来硬的啊
130–The school regulations are pretty strict 学校可不准
131–about me wrestling with the boys.我对孩子们动粗
132–But if you want to give it a shot, be my guest.不过你想试试的话 请便
133–Fine.好吧
134–Oh, which one goes and which one stays?哪个走哪个留
135–You pick.随你便
136–Come on now. Stop it! No. No.听话 住手 别这样
137–I’m gonna take the whole table. That’s right.我要把桌子一起搬走 就这样
138–Come on now. I mean it.快点放开 我是认真的
139–I love taking baths. Especially with you.我喜欢泡澡 尤其是跟你一起
140–It’s like taking a vacation from the world.简直像在世外桃源
141–I hated taking baths when I was a kid.我小时候很讨厌洗澡
142–Of course, back then,因为当时
143–the only thing I had to play with was my rubber ducky.我只有橡皮鸭可玩
144–Who’s that?谁
145–It’s Mr. Solis.是索利斯先生
146–Relax. Carlos is at work and he doesn’t ring the doorbell.放心 卡洛斯在上班 而且他有钥匙
147–It’s the cable guy. He’s three hours late.是有线电视修理工 他迟了 3 小时
148–Use the side entrance.你从侧门走吧
149–Gabrielle knew her vacation from the world had ended.加布丽尔知道世外桃源的假期结束
150–What she didn’t know was John had left behind a souvenir.可她不知道约翰留了个纪念品
151–I’m telling dad didn’t come home last night.爸爸昨晚没回家
152— They had a fight. A bad one. - How bad?-他们吵得惊天动地 -有多严重
153–Like divorce court bad.离离婚不远了
154–Listen to her.看看
155–She always overcompensates when she’s worried.她心情不好时总爱忙家务
156–If dad moves out and leaves us with her,如果爸爸搬了出去 把我们留给她
157–I’ll lose my mind.我还不如死了算了
158–Dinner is on the table.晚饭好了
159–Mom, where did dad go last night?妈 爸爸昨晚去哪了
160–He got a last minute call to speak at 他接到了紧急通知
161–a medical conference in Philadelphia.要去费城的一个医学研讨会演讲
162–Take your seats.坐下吃饭吧
163–This marriage is so over.他们的婚姻完蛋了
164–Andrew?安德鲁
165–Again sorry I was late.非常抱歉 我迟到了
166–The scheduler overbooked me.我把日程安排得太满了
167— How long are you going to be? - Almost done.-你还要修多久
168–What is that scent? Is that sage and citrus?这是什么味道 是鼠尾草和柑橘吗
169–That’s amazing.挺好闻
170–Try to hurry. I have stuff to do.快点 我还有事
171–Come on.快点
172–What’s happening?出什么事了
173–The cable guy fell.修理工摔了一跤
174–He hit his head on the tub. He may have a concussion.头撞到了浴缸上 有脑震荡的可能
175— It’s almost eight. - He was late.-现在快八点了 -他来晚了
176–Mrs. Huber.胡博太太
177–Hello, Susan. I made you a pie.苏珊 我给你做了个派
178–Oh, wow! Why?今天是什么日子吗
179–Do I need a motive to do something nice?做好事还需要什么理由吗
180–I can’t wait for you to try this.快尝尝 我都等不及了
181–It’s mincemeat.这是个肉馅派
182–Actually, I just had dinner.事实上 我刚吃过晚饭
183–That’s ok. You can save it for later.没关系 你可以留着以后吃
184–What’s so funny?你笑什么呢
185–I was just thinking of that expression,我在想那句话
186–“I’ll make mincemeat out of you”.”我给你做了肉馅派”
187–Mincemeat used to be an entrap of mostly chopped meat,肉馅派从前是指切碎的肉
188–so it was like saying,所以就像是在说
189–“I’ll chop you up into little bits.”“我要把你碎尸万段”
190–but that was centuries ago.但这种表达方式早就过时了
191–Today, mincemeat is mostly made of 现在 肉馅派里面主要是
192–fruit, spices and rum.水果 香料和朗姆酒
193–There’s no meat in it and still people say,里面已经没有肉了 可人们还是说
194–“I’ll make mincemeat out of you.”“我给你做了个肉馅派”(我要用你来做肉馅派)
195–I don’t know that people really say that anymore.我想现在没人这么说了
196–I do.除了我
197–So, Susan, how are you?苏珊 最近过得怎么样
198–I’m fine.还不错
199–Good. You know, I have a confession to make.很好 有件事我想表示一下歉意
200–I’ve always wish I’d been more supportive when Karl left you.卡尔离开的时候我应该多关心关 心你
201–Oh, you don’t have to apologize about Karl.你没必要因为卡尔的事跟我道歉
202–Really, Karl and I are over.都是过去的事了
203— I’ve moved on. - Yes, I know.-我已经开始新的生活了 -我知道
204–You’ve moved on to that nice Mike Delfino.你已经开始了和麦克·德尔非诺的新生活
205–He’s quite a catch, isn’t he?他可是个抢手货 是吧
206–You like him, don’t you?你不是喜欢他吗
207–Ah, sure, as a friend.当然 是很好的朋友
208–Oh, Susan.苏珊 拜托
209–Being coy is a strategy best employed 只有涉世未深的小姑娘
210–by virgins at their first dance.才会扭扭捏捏
211–For women of our age,我们都是成年人了
212–it’s just annoying.再这样就太幼稚了
213–You sure you don’t want pie?你真的不想吃吗
214–No, thank you.不想 谢了
215–I hope it works out with you and Mike.我希望你和麦克能在一起
216–You’ve been so desperate to land him.你拼了命地想把他搞到手
217–What? I am not desperate.你说什么 我才没有
218–Good lord, Susan,天啊 苏珊
219–you burned your rival’s house down.你把你情敌的房子都烧掉了
220–If that isn’t desperate,如果这都不算拼命
221–I don’t know what is.我还真不知道怎么样才算
222–Mrs. Huber, with all due respect, you’re crazy.胡博太太 恕我直言 你真是疯了
223— What’s that? - I think you recognize it.-这是什么 -我想你知道的
224–I found it in the ruins of Eddie’s home.这是我在伊迪家的废墟里找到的
225— Well, that’s not… - Shh. My point is this.-这不是 -嘘 我的意思是
226–I wasn’t there for you when Karl left,卡尔离开的时候我没在你身边
227–but I am here for you now.而现在 我会陪着你
228–As far as I’m concerned, this is our secret.要我说 这件事你知我知
229–And no one ever need know.没必要让别人知道
230–Oh, Susan.苏珊
231–You don’t know how good it feels 想到可以帮帮你
232–to finally be able to help you.我感到太好了
233–You look so pale.你的脸色很难看
234–Now, I insist you try some of my pie.你一定得尝尝我做的派
235–Go on.快张嘴
236–Did I mention it’s mincemeat?我有没有说过这是肉馅的
237–别进来
238— Open the door, please. - Hang on.-快开门 -等等
239— What? - May I come in?-干嘛 -我能进去吗
240— No. - I want to talk to you.-不行 -我想和你谈谈
241— Then talk. - Where were you last night?-就在这说吧 -你昨晚去哪了
242— Brian’s. - I just spoke to Brian’s mother.-布莱恩家 -我刚和布莱恩的妈妈聊过
243–Tell me again where you were last night,告诉我你去哪了
244–and this time don’t lie to me.别撒谎
245–Where did you say dad was again? In Philadelphia?你说爸爸在哪来着 费城
246–Andrew, don’t change the subject.安德鲁 别转移话题
247–Sorry, I thought the subject was telling lies.不好意思 我以为话题是有关说谎呢
248–I called dad’s cell phone.我给爸爸打了电话
249–I know he moved out.我知道他搬出去了
250–Well, it’s just temporary and…这只不过是暂时的
251–…I thought it would upset you so I was protecting you.我怕你们难过 我这么做是想保护你们
252–Whatever. You lied.不管怎么说 你撒谎了
253–So stop pretending like you have 别装得跟个
254–some sort of moral authority.圣人似的
255–Andrew, just because I chose not to 安德鲁 我选择不告诉你们
256–share my marital problems with you 我们的婚姻出了问题
257–doesn’t give you the right to be rude.并不意味着你有权利放肆
258–How about driving my father away.把我爸气走的事情呢
259–Do I get to be rude then?加上这点够了吧
260–What’s this?这是什么东西
261— It’s a sock. - It’s a man’s sock.-袜子啊 -是男人的袜子
262–I found it under our bed.我在我们的床底下找到的
263–It’s not mine.这可不是我的
264–Oh, for god sakes, Carlos, it’s Yao Lin’s.拜托 卡洛斯 这是姚琳的
265–Our maid wears size 13 gym socks?我们的女佣穿 13 码[47 号]的运动袜
266–No, she dusts with them.她用这东西来打扫卫生的
267–See? Socks instead of rags.看到了吧 她用袜子代替抹布
268— Susan, hello. - Mrs. Huber.-苏珊你好啊 -胡博太太
269–Did you and Mike come together?你和麦克是一起来的吗
270–I saw him over in the fresh produce aisle.我看到他在挑水果
271–No. Like I told you. We’re just friends.不是 我和你说过了 我们只是朋友
272–Oh.这样啊
273–By the way, if I didn’t make it clear yesterday,昨天我已经说得很清楚了
274–I absolutely did not do that thing you accuse me of.你根本就是在血口喷人
275–Hey, Susan. Hey, Mrs. Huber.你们好啊 苏珊 胡博太太
276–Nice to see you, Mike.真高兴见到你 麦克
277–Hey. You like Alfred Hitchcock?你喜欢阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克吗
278–They’re doing a retrospective at the rialto.剧院有一场回顾展
279–Uh… …I’m not really a fan.不太喜欢
280–Come on, how can you not like Hitchcock?拜托 你怎么会不喜欢希区柯克呢
281–I just, uh, don’t.就是 不太喜欢
282–Oh. Ok.那好吧
283–Well, uh, nice to see you.很高兴见到你
284–You too, Mrs. Huber.还有你 胡博太太
285–You’re so silly.你还真是傻
286–Pretending not to like him on my account.因为我在这儿就假装不喜欢
287–I mean, really.真傻透了
288–Will you just drop it?你能不能闭嘴
289–You shouldn’t be rude to me.你不应该对我这么粗鲁
290–Your secret is not an easy burden to bear.你那个可不是什么小秘密
291–That insurance company is putting Eddie through hell.伊迪的保险公司一直在刁难她
292— But still I’ve said nothing. - Well…-可我依然守口如瓶 -可是
293–The longer it takes for her payment,她的赔偿金来得越晚
294–the longer she’ll be staying with me.在我家住的时间就越长
295–Eating me out of house and home. Using up my hot water.吃我的 住我的 还用着我的热水
296–What exactly is it you want from me, Mrs. Huber?胡博太太 你到底想怎么样
297–Are these together?一起算吗
298–Ring it up.一起
299–If the school and the pediatrician 既然学校还有儿科医生
300–think the twins could be medicated,都建议可以进行药物治疗
301–then what’s the problem?你还在担心什么
302–I used to run a company with 85 people,从前我管理 85 个人的公司
303–and now I can’t wrangle three 现在除了让他们吃药
304–small boys without doping them?我没有任何好办法能照顾他们
305–Talk about feeling like a failure.还不算失败吗
306–Lynette, you are a great mother.勒奈特 你是一个好妈妈
307–But, let’s face it,可是 面对现实吧
308–your kids are a challenge.他们的确太…具挑战性了
309–Thank you. That’s the nicest way you could’ve said that.谢谢你 我知道这已经是最得体的安 慰词了
310–You know, the truth is 说句老实话
311–when they’re not making me want to tear my hair out,他们不让我抓狂的时候
312–they’re actually really sweet.还是很可爱的
313–I’m afraid if I change the bad stuff,我害怕如果他们的缺点消失了
314–I’m going to change the good stuff.可爱的地方也会随之消失
315–It’s a tough call.这还真是个两难的选择
316–Like this mug.就像这杯子
317–I love this mug. If I medicate them,我喜欢这个杯子 如果我把它补好了
318–will they still make me a mug like this?它还会是原来的那个杯子吗
319–You know, it’s leaking.这杯子在漏水
320–Yeah, I know.我知道
321–We talked to Paul. We told him 我们和保罗聊过了 我们告诉他
322–we need to show him something.有些东西要给他看
323–He’s on his way over.他马上就会过来
324–So, Paul, we notice that you’re selling the house.保罗 我们看到你的售房告示了
325–Yes, too many painful memories. I’m sure you understand.有太多伤心的记忆 你们应该能体 会的
326–Before you move, we thought there’s something you should know.在你离开之前 有些事情你 应该知道
327–It seems there may be more to Mary Alice’s 玛丽·艾莉丝的死似乎
328–death than you are aware of.另有内情
329–Remember when you asked us to pack her things?还记不记得你让我们帮忙收拾她的遗物
330–Well, when we did, we found a note.我们清理时 发现一张字条
331–And we think that you should have it.你应该看看
332–You can see from the postmark,这上面的邮戳日期显示
333–Mary Alice probably got it the day she died.是玛丽·艾莉丝死的那天到的
334–我知道你干的好事 真恶心 我要告诉别人
335— Paul, are you going to be okay? - No.-保罗 你还好吗 -不
336— Have you always cleaned with socks? - Yes.-你经常用袜子打扫吗 -是的
337–What is that, a Japanese thing?那是日本人的习惯吗
338–I am Chinese.我是中国人
339–I don’t like lying.我不喜欢说谎
340–I don’t like your ironing, so there.我也不喜欢你烫的衣服 扯平了
341–Mrs. Solis, what are you doing here?索利斯夫人 你怎么来了
342–Carlos found this under the bed.卡洛斯在床底发现了这个
343–Oh, crap.该死的
344–It’s ok. It was close call,没事了 虽然很惊险
345–but I managed to cover.但是我蒙混过去了
346–I got you these, so from now on,我给你买了这个 从现在开始
347–we can’t let Carlos see you wearing 不能让卡洛斯
348–anything resembling a gym sock.看见你穿任何类似运动袜的东西
349–You want me to mow your lawn in sandals.你让我穿拖鞋来除草
350–I could lose a toe.那会弄伤我脚趾的
351–Imagine what you’d lose if he finds out 如果他发现你除了草坪还做了别的
352–you’re trimming more than the hedge.受伤的就不仅仅是脚趾了
353–Why are your friends staring at me?你朋友为什么盯着我看
354— Did you tell them about us? - No.-你说了我们的事吗 -当然没有
355–They’re staring ‘cause they think you’re hot.他们盯着你是因为你很性感
356–Oh… Ok.是吗 那好吧
357–It’s 9:30. What is your brother thinking?都九点半了 你哥哥干什么去了
358–Want my advice? Call dad.我的建议是 打电话给爸爸
359–Tell him to go kick Andrew’s ass.让他把安德鲁揪回来
360–I am perfectly capable of handling this without your father.你爸爸不在 我也可以处理好
361— I’m sorry. - Where’s your cell phone?-抱歉 -你的手机呢
362–Call Andrew. Find out where he is.打给安德鲁 问问他在哪
363–He’ll know you’re behind this.他会知道是你的主意
364–He won’t. Just act normal.只要像平常一样说话 他就不知道
365–Hey, it’s me. Ah, what’s going on?是我 怎么了
366–He knows.他知道了
367–Andrew, this is your mother.安德鲁 我是妈妈
368–I am rapidly reaching the end of my patience with you.我马上就要失去耐性了
369–Where are you? Are you at a bar?你在哪 你在酒吧吗
370–Andrew? Andrew?安德鲁 安德鲁
371— Mom? - He hung up on me.-怎么了 妈妈 -他挂我电话
372–What are you gonna do?你打算怎么办
373–畅饮热舞
374–Heath. Lan. Andrew.希勒 兰 安德鲁
375–Mom, how did you even know I was here?妈妈 你怎么知道我在这
376— You went in my room? - You think that’s bad?-你进我房间了 -不行吗
377–Tomorrow morning, I’m cleaning it.明天早上我还要彻底清理呢
378–Oh, by the way, Heath.顺便说下 希勒
379–I didn’t get a chance to tell you,上个星期在教堂的独奏不错啊
380–that was a lovely solo last week at church.当时我都来不及说
381–Thank you. We’re out of here.谢谢 我们得走了
382–I hope it wasn’t something I said.希望不是我扫了你们的兴
383–Well, Andrew, shall we?安德鲁 我们能回去吗
384–You just humiliated me in front of my friends.你刚在我朋友面前羞辱了我
385— I’m not going anywhere with you. - Fine.-我是不会跟你走的 -好吧
386— What are you doing? - I’m staying for the show.-你在这干嘛 -看表演啊
387–I’m dying to see what all the fuss is about.我很想知道这到底有什么好看的
388–Excuse me, waitress. I’ll have a glass of your house Chardonnay.给我来杯莎当妮白葡萄酒
389–Of course, ma’am.好的 女士
390–I’m curious. Andrew,我很好奇 安德鲁
391–as you fantasize about this woman,既然你对这女人这么入迷
392–do you ever stop and think how 你有没有想过
393–she came to be on this runway?她为什么在这工作
394–That’s someone’s little girl.她也是别人的女儿
395–And that someone probably had a lot of dreams for her.她的家人也对她寄予厚望
396–Dreams that did not include a thong and a pole.但肯定不希望她来跳钢管舞
397–It’s not going to work, ok? I’m not budging.随便你怎么说 我不会跟你回去的
398–God knows what she’s had to deal with in life.只有上帝知道她过着什么样的生活
399–Abject poverty, drugs, domestic violence,家里一贫如洗 嗑药 忍受家庭暴力
400–maybe even molestation.甚至被人性虐待
401–Mom!妈妈
402–Now she treats herself the way 像别人糟蹋她一样糟蹋自己
403–other men treat her. Like an object. A piece of meat.已经没人的样子了 就像一块肉
404–That does it. Kid, get her out of here.我受够了 小鬼 和她回去吧
405–She’s killing it for the rest of us.她妨碍其他人娱乐了
406–We’re not here, leave a message.家里没人 请留言
407–It’s Mrs. Huber, Susan, are you there?我是胡博太太 苏珊 你在吗
408–I can see your lights are on.我看见你家灯还亮着
409–I hope you’re not screening. That’s so tacky.我希望你不故意躲着我 手段也太低劣了
410–Listen. I need to talk to you.听着 我得和你谈谈
411–My water heater just burst 我家热水器坏了
412–and it’s gonna cost me $600 to get a new one.换一台新的要花 600 块
413–And I can’t afford that.我可买不起那个
414–I’m just beside myself. Call me as soon as you get in.我就在电话旁 尽快回我
415–Julie, honey, wake up.朱莉 亲爱的 快醒醒
416–We need to talk.我们得谈谈
417–Can’t this wait until morning?不能明天再说吗
418–I think I’m being blackmailed.我想我被人勒索了
419–And when I realized I couldn’t put out the fire, I ran.当时火势已经无法控制 我就跑了
420–I must’ve dropped the measuring cup in the process.我肯定把量杯落下了
421–Why do I even let you out of the house?我怎么就让你出去了
422–Obviously, I can’t let her get away with this.显然 我不能让她揭发这一切
423–The only thing to do is go to the police 我们唯一能做的就是
424–and tell them what happened.去找警察说明情况
425–You can’t do that.不能这样做
426–Julie, I don’t think they’ll throw me in jail.朱莉 我不信他们会抓我去坐牢
427–I mean, it was an accident.那完全是个意外
428–Dad won’t care if it was an accident.老爸可不管那是不是事故
429–You know he’ll just use this as an excuse to reopen custody.他会抓住这点夺回监护权
430— Mom, I don’t want to live with dad. - I know.-妈妈 我不想和爸爸一起住 -我明白
431— I need to talk to you. - Cool. Sure.-我们聊聊吧 -当然可以
432— You were working tuesday, right? - Yeah.-周二你在这 对吧 -是的
433–You remember the cable guy showing up?记得有个线路工人来过吗
434–And you usually work till what time, five?你一般工作到几点 五点吗
435–Yeah.是的
436–Damn it. That means he was in the house for four hours.该死的 那家伙在屋里待了四小时
437–Wait. Now that I think about it,等等 仔细想了想
438–I might not have seen him.我好像没看到他
439–Either you saw him or you didn’t. Which is it?你到底看没看到他
440–I didn’t.我没看见他
441–John…约翰
442–…did my wife ask you to lie for her?我老婆让你说谎了吗
443–Mr. Solis, uh… I really don’t want 索利斯先生 我只是
444–to get in the middle of anything.不想说三道四
445–Thank you. That’s all I needed to know.谢了 我明白了
446–Let’s run through it one more time.我们再过一遍
447–Mom, it’s not brain surgery.妈妈 这又不是脑部手术
448–You’ll stand guard while I crawl through Mrs. Huber’s doggie door.你在外面放风 我从她家狗 洞爬进去
449–Once inside, I find the measuring cup.爬进去之后 我会拿出量杯
450–Simple.就这么简单
451–Mm, god. I hate that I’m turning you into a little thief.天哪 我真恨自己让你变成小偷
452–It’s our cup. We’re just taking back what’s ours.那本来就是我们的量杯 物归原主而已
453–That’s right. Ethically,说得好 理论上说
454–we have nothing to be ashamed about.我们没有什么好害臊的
455–Oh. Wear these. I don’t want you to leave finger prints.戴上这个 我可不想你留下指纹
456–There she goes. Ok. Move.她走了 我们行动吧
457–Oh, so glad to be playing frisbee again.真高兴又能和你玩飞盘了
458–Here you go. Coming at you 接着 飞过去了
459–All right. Back up a little more. There you go.很好 后退一点 你来
460–Whoo! All right. Here we go.好的 到你了
461–Oh, my, whoops! You better go get that. Yeah. Hah!糟糕 你最好去捡回来
462— Mike. - Hey, Susan.-麦克 -好啊 苏珊
463–I thought that was you.我在那看到你了
464–Uh… Yeah. Julie and I are out tossing a frisbee around,我和朱莉在玩飞盘呢
465–and it flew off into Mrs. Huber’s back yard.不小心飞进胡博太太的后院了
466–Oh, you need some help?需要我帮忙吗
467–No, no, no. Julie’s got it.不用 朱莉已经去捡了
468–Ok. I’m glad I ran into you.好的 很高兴能碰到你
469–I wanted to make sure things were ok between us.我希望我们之间没事
470–The other day, you seemed kind of distant.那天在超市 感觉你在躲着我
471–Distant? What do you mean?躲着你 你什么意思
472–I mean, you’re not mad at me for some reason, are you?我是说 你没有生我的气吧
473–No. No, not at all.不 完全没这回事
474–Good. ‘cause I’m gonna take one more shot.那就好 我想再试试
475–I got tickets for a Billy Wilder retrospective,我有比利·怀尔德的电影票
476–Wednesday night.星期三晚上的
477–I’d love to take you with me.我希望你能和我一起去
478–You are so sweet. I’d love to go.你太好了 我很乐意
479–All right.那好
480–Eddie, I thought you’d be at work.伊迪 我以为你去上班了
481–I’m not feeling well.我不太舒服
482–I got a sunburn the other day washing my car.可能那天洗车晒伤了
483–Well, don’t just run off. Come and hang out with us.别就这么走了 和我们一起聊聊吧
484— Boy, you are one sick ticket. - What?-别假惺惺的 -你说什么
485–It’s not bad enough I have to watch 每天看着你和他
486–you throw yourself at him every day.打情骂俏还不够
487–Now you want to make sure I see it up close and personal?还要我凑过来看得清楚些吗
488— No, it’s not like that. - I’ve got to take off.-不 事情不是这样 -我得走了
489–I’ll call about Wednesday night, ok?周三晚上我会打给你的 行吗
490–Edie, wait.伊迪 等等
491–Mike and I were gonna go see the movies on Wednesday 麦克和我周三要去看电影
492–and I thought it would be fun if you joined us.希望你能一起去
493— You want me to come with you? - Yeah.-你想让我跟你们一起去吗 -是啊
494–Yeah, that’s ok, isn’t it, Mike?可以吗 麦克
495–Well, it’s a limited engagement.那场电影门票有限
496–And it’s sold out. I’ve only got two tickets.而且票已经卖完了 我只买了两张
497–Edie, wait. You should take my ticket.伊迪 等等 我的票让给你
498–Really? Is that ok with you, Mike?真的吗 你愿意吗 麦克
499–Uh, yeah, sure.没问题
500–So, uh, what time do you want to pick me up?那你什么时候来接我
501–Hang on.稍等
502–You think you can have sex with anyone you want, huh?你以为你可以随心所欲跟人上床 对 吧
503–Carlos couldn’t help but feel proud of himself.卡洛斯不禁自豪起来
504–After all, he’d just defended his honor.毕竟 他维护了自己的尊严
505–Or had he?也许还没有
506–百老汇音乐剧”玫瑰舞后”
507— Are you gay? - Yes. Is that why you’re doing this?-你是同志吗 -是的 你是为这个打我吗
508–“Will you buy some chocolates?”你想买些巧克力吗
509–Ladies.女士们
510–Hey, Paul, what’s up?保罗 有事吗
511–I wanted to apologize for my outburst yesterday.我想为我昨天的失控道歉
512–Don’t worry about it. We unloaded a lot on you.别放在心上 是我们给你太大压力了
513–I suppose you’re wondering why I 我想你们一定很想知道 为什么我对
514–reacted so violently to that note.那个纸条的反应那么强烈
515–It did… cross our minds.我们确实想过
516–Well, the truth is, Mary Alice was not a well person.老实说 玛丽·艾丽丝当时的状况不太好
517–She was very troubled.她有很多问题
518— Troubled? - At first it was harmless.-什么问题 -一开始并无大碍
519–She’d leave herself notes, reminders like,她给自己写便条啊 备忘啊 比如
520–“pick up the milk”“别忘了买牛奶”
521–or “Zach has a dentist appointment.”或者 “扎克约了牙医”
522–But over time the notes became ugly.但是时间一长 情况就恶化了
523–Hateful messages started showing up.开始出现一些消极的留言
524–Mary Alice was writing them to me,玛丽·艾丽丝将它们写给我
525–to Zach, to herself.给扎克 也给她自己
526— Really? - That’s why I lost it.-真的吗 -这是我失控的原因
527–I was reminded of what Zach and I had been through.我回忆起扎克和我过去的遭遇
528— Paul, I’m so sorry. - We had no idea.-保罗 真抱歉 -我们完全不知道
529–No.是的
530–Anyway, I’d appreciate it 无论如何 我希望你们
531–if you kept this to yourselves.保守这个秘密
532— For Zach’s sake. - Of course. Of course.-看在扎克的份上 -当然 当然
533–Bye.拜
534— I think he’s lying. - Huh. So do I.-我觉得他在撒谎 -我也这么想
535–斯加沃晋升为副总裁
536–You didn’t get me! Bang! Bang!你打不到我的 嘣 嘣
537–Boys, could you get in here, please?孩子们 过来一下
538— He broke my plane. - I did not.-他弄坏了我的飞机 -我没有
539–We’ll talk about that later. I need you to take medicine.这件事等会再说 我要你们把药吃了
540–Are we sick?我们病了吗
541–Not exactly. There is a special medicine.不算是 这是种特殊的药
542–It’s like a vitamin and you’ll take it every day, ok?就像维他命 每天都要吃的 好吗
543–Stay right there.待着别动
544–Now open up.把嘴张开
545— Here, you… - No.-来 -不要
546— Guys, this is a… guys, here… - Nope.-孩子们 这是 张嘴 -不要
547–In that moment, Lynette made a decision.在那一刻 勒奈特做了一个决定
548–When it came to dealing with her children,想要对付她的孩子们
549–medication was no longer an option.不能再依靠药物了
550–Of course, given her continuing level of frustration,当然 随着她的挫败感不断加深
551–Lynette also felt a little 勒奈特认为自我治疗
552–self-medication couldn’t hurt.也无伤大雅
553–So what’s your strategy?你打算怎么办
554–Are you just never gonna speak to me again?永远都不跟我说话了吗
555–Something like that.差不多
556–I suppose I do owe you an apology.我想我欠你一个道歉
557–Careful. I wouldn’t want you to strain yourself.是么 我可不想让你逼自己
558–I shouldn’t have lied to you about your father.关于你父亲 我不应该说谎
559–You two are old enough to handle the truth 你们不是小孩了 我应该告诉你们真相
560–and I’m sorry.对不起
561–Keep going.继续
562–I’m mad at you for about 7,000 other things.还有另外 7000 件事上 我都在生你的气
563–If you think I’ll apologize for taking 如果你觉得我会为把你拽出
564–you out of a strip club, you’re wrong.脱衣舞俱乐部而道歉的话 你就错了
565–I consider it one of my finest moments.我认为那是我做得最棒的事之一
566–Oh, Andrew.安德鲁
567–I know you blame me 我知道你因为
568–for what’s happening with your father,你父亲的事怪我
569–but it’s not entirely my fault and 但这不全是我的错
570–I need you to understand that.我希望你理解
571–I do.我理解
572–I just… don’t want him to leave.我只是 不想让他走
573–Neither do I.我也不想
574— Mom. - Yeah?-妈妈 -什么事
575–When can I have my door back?我的门什么时候能装上
576–Three months.三个月以后
577–Royal Oaks was the scene of a hate crime today.今天皇家橡树区发生了一起报复犯罪
578–Jonathan Lisco, local gay activist 当地的同性恋者 乔纳森·里思科
579–and part-time female impersonator,兼职男扮女装的演员
580–was brutally attacked in his home.在家中惨遭袭击
581–Lisco speculated the attack 里思科怀疑
582–was in response to his efforts 这起袭击起因于
583–to secure same-sex partner insurance 他曾向他的雇主 即悬崖有限电视台
584–coverage from his employer,力争给同性伴侣的
585–Cliffside cable.福利保险
586–Police are circulating this sketch of the assailant.警方发布了嫌犯的素描
587–The circumstances speak for themselves.事实胜于雄辩
588–I’ve taken a strong stance with my company.我已经向我的公司表达了强硬的立场
589–Is there something you want to ask me?你有什么要问我吗
590–No.没有
591–You took it, didn’t you?你把它偷走了 对吧
592–Good evening, Mrs. Huber.晚上好 胡博太太
593–It’s my own fault for not hiding the cup.都是我的错 没把杯子藏好
594–If you’re capable of arson,你有本事纵火
595–obviously you’re capable of breaking and entering.就有本事破门而入
596–I don’t know what you’re talking about. Mrs. Huber.我不知道你在说什么
597–I suppose you destroyed it.我猜你一定把它销毁了吧
598–Again, I don’t know what you’re talking about,再说一遍 我不清楚你在说什么
599–but… yeah, I did.但是 没错 我是把它毁了
600–I was going to keep your secret.我本来会替你保守秘密的
601–It’s a shame you couldn’t trust me.可惜你不信任我
602–You’re a piece of work. Do you know that?你真是麻烦 你知道吗
603–Oh, Susan, let’s not be unpleasant.苏珊 我们别闹僵了
604–We can go back to the same friendly 我们可以像从前一样
605–relationship we’ve always had.维持友善的关系
606–I will keep my lawn looking nice.我会修剪好我家的草地
607–And I would make sure my music isn’t played too loud.保证家里的音乐不会太大声
608–And if I get some of your mail,如果我收到给你的邮件
609–heck, I’ll run it right over,我会马上跑过去给你
610–‘cause that’s what good neighbors do.因为这是一个好邻居该做的
611–But from now on, when I run into you on the street,但是从现在起 当我在街上碰见你
612–and I say, “good morning, Mrs. Huber”我会说 “早上好 胡博太太”
613–or “how are you, Mrs. Huber?”或者 “你好吗 胡博太太”
614–Just know that inside 你要知道 在我心里
615–I am quietly but decidedly hating your guts.我会一直毅然决然地对你恨之入骨
616–Careful, dear,当心 亲爱的
617–let’s not say things we’ll live to regret.别把话说死了
618–Good evening, Mrs. Huber.晚安 胡博太太
619–He actually said Mary Alice was crazy?他真的说玛丽·艾丽丝疯了
620–Not in so many words, but everything Paul said 没说得这么明确 但是保罗说的每句话
621–made it seem like she was schizophrenic.都好像是说 她得了精神分裂症
622–I think he’s hiding something. I know it.凭直觉 我想他在隐瞒什么
623–But wait, what about the tape?等等 那卷录音带呢
624–She did say her name was Angela.她说她的真名是安吉拉
625–Mary.Alice was not crazy.玛丽·艾丽丝没疯
626–My father was a prosecutor and he always 我父亲是个检察官 他常说
627–said that the simplest explanation 最简单的解释
628–was usually right.通常都是对的
629–But remember the note said 想想那个纸条
630–“I know what you did. It makes me sick.”我知道你干的好事 真恶心
631–And I’m going to tell.”我要告诉别人”
632–That’s not something someone writes to themselves.这显然不是写给自己看的
633–That’s a message sent by an enemy.这是仇人所写的
634–我知道你干的好事 真恶心 我要告诉别人
635–So exactly what is it you hired me to do?你想要我做什么
636–It’s very simple really.很简单
637–Someone sent that note to my wife 有人写了那张便条给我妻子
638–and I need to know who.我想知道是谁
639–What type of person would send such a note?什么人会写这样一张纸条呢
640–Was it an enemy? Of course.是仇人吗 当然
641–But what kind? An acquaintance?什么样的仇人呢 是熟人
642–A stranger?或是陌生人
643–Or how about a neighbor that lives a few feet away?还是相隔咫尺的邻居
Comments powered by Disqus.